Saturday 9 March 2013

Don Piper: 90 minutes in Heaven

On the way home from a conference, Don Piper's car was crushed by a truck that crossed into his lane. Medical personnel said he died instantly. While his body lay lifeless inside the ruins of his car, Piper experienced the glories of heaven, awed by its beauty and music. 90 minutes after the wreck, while a minister prayed for him, Piper miraculously returned to life. His faith in God was severely tested as he faced an uncertain and gruelling recovery. 90 Minutes in Heaven offers a glimpse into a very real dimension of eternity.

I started reading this book earlier in the evening, and I could not put it down. I found Don Piper's story of heaven and recovery fascinating, gripping and uplifting. I can see what he means, when he himself talks about the reason for his survival and why he got sent back to earth - it is to inspire us. I was a little disappointed that the story wasn't told coherently, as I found the jumps a little confusing at times. But I read until I'd finished the book...

No comments:

Post a Comment